Provide technical expertise related to the transportation of hazardous materials/dangerous goods in an effort to reduce incidents and encourage uniformity and consistency in the application of the regulations.
- Ensure hazardous materials training provides consistent and uniform application of the regulations.
- Review, analyze and comment on new regulations.
- Provide technical assistance to other special committees on hazardous materials/dangerous goods issues.
- Maintain the North American Standard Out-of-Service Criteria relating to hazardous materials/dangerous goods.
- Work to harmonize hazardous materials/dangerous goods enforcement with industry concerns and international developments.
- Evaluate new initiatives new technologies relating to hazardous materials/dangerous goods.
This CVSA committee is open to all CVSA members. Log in to your CVSA account to join the Hazardous Materials Committee.
Click here to contact the chair of this committee.