Provide leadership through uniformity and conformity of driver-related safety issues and promote effective traffic enforcement strategies to reduce commercial motor vehicle (CMV) crashes.
- Review, analyze and comment on proposed new regulations.
- Explore initiatives affecting drivers of CMVs.
- Respond to technical requests from federal governments, CVSA member jurisdictions and industry on matters related to driver inspection procedures and the North American Standard Out-of-Service Criteria.
- Update the Part I Driver North American Standard Out-of-Service Criteria as necessary.
- Work closely with enforcement/regulatory agencies and industry to promote uniformity and compliance with traffic laws on driver-related issues.
- Serve as a technical resource to other CVSA committees regarding driver violations, inspections, procedures, the North American Standard Out-of-Service Criteria and inspector training.
This CVSA committee is open to all CVSA members. Log in to your CVSA account to join the Driver-Traffic Enforcement Committee.
Click here to contact the chair of this committee.